More from the drafts queue...
The last five years have had their ups and downs and after this permalancing gig ended for rthe most part I had two very bad freelance experiences back to back before winding up back where I started for a couple of more months.
The sad thing is how much I liked it there and even though I would work there again over the next three years or so there would never be any permanence to the gig.
I’m at a point now where I just want something steady with benefits if only not to be in the constant struggle of trying to scrape up some new gig. The last two years or so have been rough with gaps that have been longer than I would’ve liked but I keep swinging for the fences.
The life of a freelancer grows tiresome and at this point I just want to find that place where there are some nice people and the work is okay and I can just do my time.
Is that really too much to ask for?
The other stuff.I started this way, way back in 2011 round about the same time of year as a matter of fact. That was a good time for me in retrospect because I had a solid year of work with one client permalancing more or less with them.
Although I don’t really talk about it much a lot of other stuff has been going on.
Did I say I was working? Well, I am and have been for awhile now. I like work, actually I like being able to pay my bills and work really is pretty painless as these things go. I’ve realized I am rapidly becoming irrelevant to a majority of people because of age. Maybe I’m oversimplifying it but it seems that way quite often, there are just a bunch of people all under a certain age and for the most part I’m invisible to them.
When you think about it, maybe being invisible isn’t so bad...
The last five years have had their ups and downs and after this permalancing gig ended for rthe most part I had two very bad freelance experiences back to back before winding up back where I started for a couple of more months.
The sad thing is how much I liked it there and even though I would work there again over the next three years or so there would never be any permanence to the gig.
I’m at a point now where I just want something steady with benefits if only not to be in the constant struggle of trying to scrape up some new gig. The last two years or so have been rough with gaps that have been longer than I would’ve liked but I keep swinging for the fences.
The life of a freelancer grows tiresome and at this point I just want to find that place where there are some nice people and the work is okay and I can just do my time.
Is that really too much to ask for?
No comments:
Post a Comment